Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Let in the light: The perfect beginning

Disclaimer: blog updates are coming from my cell phone and with limited internet use, don't judge my style :)

I left my Chicago apartment at 6:30 p.m. On Sunday. I arrived at my friend's apartment in Chiang Mai at 4:30 p.m. Thai time on Tuesday.  (4:30 a.m. Chicago time). While Katie isn't here, I'm so lucky to be using her space, stealing her great suggestions and meeting some of her wonderful colleagues.

Despite the long travel time, the mountains of Chiang Mai instilled the same energy that a perfect night's rest would have.

I started by getting coffee with two wonderful folks from Kate's work at the climbing company.  Then I did some bouldering (I mean, I was already there how could I pass it up?) After settling in to Katie's place and rinsing the airplane off me, I cautiously wandered around the narrow, windy roads to a delightful vegetarian cafe.

I enjoyed the peaceful rain as it vacilated between timid pitter-patter and booming footsteps. The food was devine. Lime, mint, pineapple smoothie,  brown rice with all sorts of deliciousness and organic salad. Num num.

I then got first, and most certainly not last, Thai massage. I don't think anything could have been more perfect. 

Despite the heavy rains and low thunder,  the light kept bursting through. Filling my jeart with a lift and reminding my spirit why I am here. What a day!

1 comment:

Jon Risk said...

looks crepescular! glad you are having fun. the light in me salutes the light in you. :) Ashlyn's too.