Friday, June 20, 2014

Homestay in Mae Kampong

In between Rock Climbing at Crazy Horse and zip lining in the rainforest,  I did a homestay in a little rain-foresty village.  The food was fantastic,  views beautiful and the company kind. My host had a 13 year old daughter named Wan. She and I had a blast trying to talk about things we love, her favorite being nature :) The people were all incredibly friendly,  and I regretted more than ever not making an effort to learn some basic Thai before my trip began. Wan taught me to say hello and thank you, which are actually pretty sufficient in many situations!  There were peacocks and roosters galore in the town, as well as many stray dogs and a pet cat at my home! I had my own room that was very confortable. I would have liked to interact with the family more, but it was definitely a wonderful experience. 

No comments: