Sunday, June 15, 2014

Chasing Dreams

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

9 years ago I took a yoga class for a PE credit at the University of Vermont. It had been recommended to me by the counseling center to help deal with some anxiety, stress and depression I was experiencing. 

18 months ago I made the decision to find a yoga instructor training program to participate in this Summer. I began taking the necessary steps to be physically, mentally and financially ready for such an undertaking. My goal was clear, but far from simple: learn yoga. Learn so I can share this life-changing joy with others. Learn so I can help spread peace, love and light. Learn so I can take this experience within myself to an undiscovered level. 

9 months ago, after months of internet searching and conversations, I found Blooming Lotus Studio on a little island in the Gulf of Thailand. For four weeks, along with 18 other committed yogis, I will be fully immersed in yoga practice, meditation, reflection and studying.

Today I begin my journey toward this new experience. I embark with an open mind, lifted heart and eager spirit. This first leg of journey I have only the butterflies in my stomach and words on my nook to keep me company. I cannot say I move forward without fear, but I am certainly prepared to taste this new chapter of my life. To allow it to flood into my soul, 

one
     moment
           at
               a
                 time.

Am I ready? 
Financially? Yes. 
Physically? I think so. 
Mentally? Not quite. But expecting that I cannot expect what's to come tells me that I'm as ready as I can be. 

Namaste.

No comments: