Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The return.


Back in the states! But I have a little catching up to do before we get to that. Seeing my blog on a computer screen sure does look funny...and huge! One of the many advantages to using a computer is seeing the photos full size, and being able to embed them in the actual post (although formatting continues to present all sorts of challenges for me...). Hooray for technology (and always room to grow)!

I flew from Bangkok to Istanbul on Thursday. I was still having some problems with my stomach, but I was able to see a few of the many beautiful sites. Istanbul is absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't get any good shots, and a quick Google search tells me no one can, but believe me it's amazing! I went to Kafe Ara for dinner, per my wonderful friend, Shannon's, suggestion.
While I was only able to enjoy a few bites of my meal (quinoa salad with avocado, chick peas, goat cheese, mint, parsley, tomatoes, greek olives, cucumber and lemon vinaigrette), it was absolutely incredible. 

The next morning I got up and headed to view the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia before I had to return to the airport for my final step to Chicago. 
The Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet)
Mosaics inside the Hagia Sophia 

Next stop: The airport! After at least a dozen lines I made it to Chicago, retrieved my bag and found Kelsey at the curb (arms wide, smile big :). It felt good to be home.

No comments: