Friday, July 18, 2014

Practice teaching!

This week we continued on with everything that we've been doing-breaking down poses, practicing adjustments, meditations, pranayama, and asana pratice, but we also started teaching! I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone who may choose to read this, I LOVE teaching. I mean we already knew that, but I love teaching YOGA. To share knowledge and experience with others is such a beautiful privilege, but I see now the real reason I love to teach is to share love. It's such an honor to help guide people to feel at peace, more calm, balanced and relaxed, and eventually utterly content. These things can of course only truly be achieved within the self, by the Self, but to play a very small role in that discovery is absolutely incredible. I've always seen the opportunity to teach as a gift, but now I feel like I finally Get It.

I'll be teaching to our entire training program tomorrow evening with one of my new, wonderful friends, Sarah. I'm nervous, but oh so very excited. Sarah is also a teacher and likes to go to bed early, so we get along great :)

Kris and I have been having some great conversations about our experience here, and I'm so glad we'll be able to relax together for a few days after the program finishes, which is already happening Thursday. Woah.

This week we also got to "hoop jam" during our Wednesday afternoon break. It was so fun and completely ridiculous to simply play. I can't wait to get some Friendship City hooping lessons when I get home (thanks, Alex :).

The only other update coming to mind is that I think I may move! My beautiful bungalow has quite a leaky roof and it's rather uncomfortable to sleep in a wet bed, waking up to wet clothes. It also attracts more buggies (I've made friends with Spencer the spider in an attempt to stop killing living things because of my irrational fear...it works as long as he stays hidden!) The new place isn't quite as nice, and the ocean view is more obstructed by trees, but I think I can manage the 50 foot walk to the beach to watch the sunrise :)

No comments: